The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Tuesday, June 22

Everyday stuff...

So lately I feel like I've been pretty optimistic and focusing on the sweet moments. So I thought I'd share some of the everyday stuff that tend to blend into the background for me.

*Monkey is teething. Love those one year molars. So she gets fussy about bed pretty often now and we're never sure if it's teething or not. Her latest bedtime thing has been freaking out the minute I peel her from my body. She would then scream for minutes on end. It's since tamed a bit, but she's still fussing (which is a new thing for her at night) and we never know what to attribute it to.

*Moose throws fits (some pretty minor, but nonetheless,) 75% of the time when I ask him to go to the bathroom. It's really, really obnoxious.

*Monkey's falling. All the time. She insists on climbing on everything and just hasn't made the connections yet that doing it will lead to pain. At least her last scab (from her forehead) just came off today. Time for a new one...

*99% of the time, when we leave a location, pretty much any place except church, Moose throws a tantrum. Okay, maybe not 99%, but it seems like it sometimes. He's the ultimate anti-home kid. I don't know what it is. It drives me crazy! He did it tonight after we had been at the in-laws. You'd think he lived in a prison.

That's all that's popping into my head at the moment. I'm sure there's more, but like I said, after a while this stuff just blends into the background. So although it was a good day, it was still filled with pretty much all of the above. Just a regular day of parenting!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, if you've got any optimism to spare, could you send some my way?

    ;)

    ReplyDelete