The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Wednesday, June 23

Good moms get sunburns...

This morning I decided to do a good mom thing and took the kiddos to a playgroup at the beach. (Not really a beach, but a lake, with a nice sandy section which they like to call a beach.) I was amazed that Moose did so well. Last time we went there was last year and he had his grandma to keep him happy and playing. There were tons of kids there to play with, but most were a little older. But he eventually got playing and completely left me alone. Yay! Although Monkey sat on my lap the entire time. 2 1/2 hours. On my lap.

So, the reason why good moms get sunburns is because I was able to successfully cover myself in sunblock except for my back. Instead of asking another mom to do it, which would've been most obviously the best choice, I decided to have Moose do it. It's a small section, it'll be like fingerpainting, right? Unfortunately, he mostly missed the middle and bottom. So, as the hubs puts it, I have a red anchor on my back.

At least I can go to bed tonight knowing I gave the kids one heck of a time at the "beach" today. Let's hope the sunburn doesn't last long. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment