The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Friday, June 11

Date Night Again...

So we had a date tonight and this time both kids got to go. I was a little nervous as Monkey hasn't done that with anyone other than her grandparents before. But she was perky and Moose was jazzed to be at his friend's house, so we snuck out before she'd notice.

When I went to get the kiddos 2 hours later, lo and behold Monkey was completely fine! Yay for that! She hadn't cried once, ate a great dinner and used her signs to communicate. I was so excited! Moose did fine, as expected. It was such a relief to know that we can do things like that and not have to worry. She was so finicky when she was younger that I didn't know how she would do. But lately she's been getting so independent, her personality is just bursting. It's so awesome. My friend says she's just a mini-person. All the personality and things packed into this tiny little body.

So happy we could have a carefree date night. Now I can't wait for the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment