The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Saturday, June 5

Campout...

So I didn't get lazy yesterday, the internet was on the blitz and wasn't working. Last night was a father/son campout. However, it was raining all day so they didn't go camping. The hubs (bless his heart) made a fort in the living room with sheets and blankets and he and Moose slept out there last night. That's what I was going to blog about last night.

Well, it's now tonight and boy has a lot happened!  We all slept kinda poorly. I had a major headache, Monkey went down late and got up slightly early, Moose fell off the couch cushion-bed a few times and was congested, and the hubs didn't sleep super well either. Moose and the hubs went out to the river this morning to hang out with the tough guys who did camp out. When they got back, Moose was exhausted, after staying up way late and still waking up at his normal 6:30. He woke up with a pretty good fever and was pretty cuddly and sad. Shortly after his waking up, little miss Monkey got her pinky finger smashed, and I mean smashed, in the bathroom door. If it wasn't one thing, it was another.

We had company over for dinner, and Moose sat on my lap with some applesauce and shortly after we started eating, went to lay on the couch and promptly conked out. He's still there, fan pointed straight on him to help him stay cool. (Even though he insists he's cold.) Hopefully we'll be able to transition him to his bed at some point.

I think most people may feel this way, that if it's not one thing, it's another. I'm glad that our "things" aren't really that bad. But still, it's a bit of a struggle moving your mind from one item of focus to another. I had barely started worrying about Moose and his fever and lethargy before Monkey had a blue pinky that was literally all smashed flat. Luckily, she's doing fine and we don't think anything's permanently damaged or broken. She was due for a nap at the time so we gave her some tylenol and I cuddled her on the rocking chair. She was asleep within 5 minutes. And her pinky looks just fine now, for those who are wondering.

A slightly rough day, filled with nice moments. Here are my favs.

*Monkey and I went to the library to kill time while we waited for the boys to come home. We got there 15 minutes before it opened so we sat outside with someone I knew who was also waiting. Monkey cuddled me all coy and shy the whole time. It was precious.

*Moose and I watched the best parts of Horton Hears A Who while he sat on my lap. Really an enjoyable movie. He still got up to dance for the end, where there is a lot of music. Not nearly as much dancing as he usually does, but he still wanted to dance just a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment