The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Sunday, June 20

Monkey of a day...

So apparently today was Monkey's day. If she wasn't completely sweaty (guess she's like her brother) or really tired for no real reason, she was an entire goof ball! We had a big father's day dinner with the hub's family (our family, his brother's family and the in-laws) and she went through the sweaty and fussy stage. Then it turned into all Monkey laughing all the time. There was wrestling, there was peek-a-boo, there was hide and seek. The entire time she was laughing uncontrollably (and still sweating up a storm). Thankfully now, the kiddos are sound asleep after going to bed at like 9. Sure hope they sleep in!

Today, being father's day, I feel compelled to say something about Dads. I have an amazing Dad. He's a provider, he's loving, thoughtful, caring, gentle, firm, and a great example. I've learned tons from my Dad, and still do. He gave me a great start in life in terms of relationships with men, which leads me to the love of my life. My sweet hubs is the best thing I could've asked for. Aside from being an amazing husband and friend, he is an awesome Papa. He is firm, and willing to discipline, but when it's time for fun, he's all wrestling and giggling and running around. My children adore my husband and I love it. I know that I'm extremely fortunate to have a husband and active father in my home. I couldn't ask for more. Parenting is hard enough, I couldn't imagine doing it alone. For those of you who do, I admire your hard work and courage. It's a tough world out there, parenting aside. So teaching children how to navigate it is a really tough job. I'm grateful every day for my sweet husband who helps me, as an equal partner, in helping to raise our children and teach them about life.

Happy Father's Day to all you Fathers. The world needs you. I'm grateful for everything you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment