The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Thursday, June 17

Rainy Day Blues...

Sorry for the missed post last night. The hubs started turning off the computer and I didn't have the energy to get off the couch to do my post as I was already settled in to watch a movie for the night. The last 2 days have been rainy days. Today especially. Pouring rain. Almost all day. When it wasn't pouring, it's been moderately sprinkling. Not a single break all day. Ugh.

The kids haven't done any spectacular the last few days. Not that I can remember. Although, I've made a mental note of the multiple times Moose has done something really quite precious. He'll randomly get up from whatever he's doing, run over to me or the hubs, give us a hug and say something along the lines of "I love you." "You're the best Mama ever." etc. I think yesterday he said "You're the best wiper ever." After I wiped his bum. I've alsp heard recently "You can fix anything."

We were walking through the rain to a concert at the hubs' school (for Jon Schmidt. Check him out!) and there was a massive puddle. I had an umbrella in one hand, and reached to grab Moose with my other. (My left. Bad idea.) I had to rearrange myself and get him with my good arm, and I quickly struggled across the mini-lake. As I was forging, he was constantly planting huge kisses on my cheeks. I made a comment about making out under the umbrella and a man passing us by looked over and just laughed. After I put Moose down I told him what nice affection he was showing me. He asked me what affection was, and so I gave him a brief explanation. He then continued trying to hug my legs, which he had been doing since I put him down, and told me once again, "You're the best Mama ever."

I guess I'm glad I don't remember too much about the last two days, because I do remember all of these moments, and they're the stuff you want to remember anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment