The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Wednesday, June 9

Doing something right...

This will be brief, as I'm headed off to bed. But I just had to share this sweet story. We had a super busy day, complete with a playgroup of 7 kids and 4 moms at our place. It went really well and I was very pleased. Anyhow, at dinner tonight, we were sitting together at the table and saying a prayer. Near the end of our prayer, I look up at Monkey and she was folding her arms! We've never made any attempt to teach her or try to get her to do it. I don't remember when Moose started doing that, but I'm sure it wasn't this young. It was so precious. I just couldn't stop smiling. It just made me think that we must be doing something right.

In other silly stories, later at dinner we were talking about pictures of Jesus. We have a few around the house and Moose was naming them. He mentioned one with "the credits" on it. We looked at what he was pointing to and it's a picture with Christ watermarked on the paper and writing over it in two columns. Moose called this "the credits". It was so cute. Kid's descriptions of things can be really interesting and observant.

No comments:

Post a Comment