The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Monday, June 28

Manic Monday...

I couldn't think of anything spectacular or even singular to write about, which made me think about the Manic Monday song. Don't know why, really, but I did.  Today was Math Day, so Moose did another addition worksheet. We popped over to the in-laws and I weeded and planted a bit in the garden. I brought home some fresh spinach and asparagus. Ate it for lunch. Yum. The kiddos napped and I was unusually productive.

The amount of whining has gone down significantly. We make a lot of references to "big boy" versus "little boy". Big boys get to watch movies and play the computer. Little boys take multiple naps and don't get special things. I guess this has been somewhat effective. Yay for that.

Monkey has been getting heat rash on her shoulders lately. It's been pretty warm. She loves baths, so we end up giving her a cool one most nights now to help her stay cool. Her molars are still coming in, but her appetite is pretty much back, so they must not be bothering her much.

Another night of "What's for dinner Mama?" My response "Chili. (A delicious white chicken chili that was quite amazing.)" And "But I don't want chili." My response? "Too bad." Sometimes I sound so much like my mom I could practically dye my hair red. (She has red hair, for those not in the know.)

All in all a pretty non-eventful day, which in the life of a parent is most certainly not a bad thing. Tomorrow the hubs has the day off, so we'll be hanging out as a quad. A trip to the library, and grocery shopping on the list. Now, for parental relax time with a movie from netflix.

No comments:

Post a Comment