The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Tuesday, June 1

Piano lessons and giggling siblings...

We had the pleasure to attend my mother-in-law's piano recital tonight. She did wonderful! (Yes, you did!) What was so interesting for me was Moose's response to it all. For the first few performers, he kept asking me when he could play and when it was his turn. I kept telling him how they've been taking lessons for a long time and practicing lots and lots. So he asked me quite a few times when he could have piano lessons. So I'm thinking of trying my hand out at teaching Moose piano. I've considered teaching other children (but haven't had the opportunity yet), so I thought this might be a good test run into how I handle teaching children. (Although 4 is a bit younger than I was planning on teaching. Still, a teaching opportunity nonetheless.) So we'll see about that. I'll have to stew on it. (And check out the piano books available for young children.)

Onto the giggling siblings. On the way home from the recital, Moose and Monkey were playing in the backseat. Monkey was just giggling away, having a grand old time playing tug of war with some strap attached to Moose's car seat. After they got home and ready for bed, the hubs was reading Moose's bedtime story and Monkey climbed on his bed, grabbed his pillow and began attacking them. It was so cute and silly. After the story was over, the two of them just wrestled on the bed for a few minutes giggling away. It was such a sweet moment.

Just the other day I was pondering the difference between what makes a brother adore his little sister and want to protect her versus a brother who thinks his sister is a pain and annoying tag along. I'm sure most siblings have a bit of both, but I want these two to be mostly the adoring/loving type. So I sighed as they wrestled and giggled and hoped this would be the beginning of a great friendship between them.

No comments:

Post a Comment